As we know, slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race. That’s the magic mantra for Weight Loss too.
What is “Ideal” Weight Loss? Are we on the right track?
- It should help you get rid of maximum deficiencies in your body and increase your metabolism.
- Focused on Fat reduction, than weight reduction.
- Visceral fat reduction.
- Muscle mass should increase. You can understand this from your increased energy levels.
- No Medicines.
- No meal replacements.
- No rigorous exercises – a specific pattern of exercise is recommended for each individual, which could vary basis the person’s body requirements. Excess exercise will never help for weight reduction.
Eg: Mr. A – works out 6 hours a day for 6 months, tried to do weight lifting and increase weights, but he could never achieve his demand.
Mr. B – works out 45 mins effectively, with proper direction on fitness and diet. He could increase weights with a good progress.
This effectively says diet and fitness goes hand in hand. A proper Nutritional Counselling and proper exercise regimen are the key.
- Coaching is much required during the diet planning.
- Choosing a step-by-step guide to help get you on the road to weight loss and better health.
- Improvement in mood and state of well being.
- Good Inch Loss, which means you start fitting back into your old dresses!
- Increased energy levels and feel stronger.
- More muscle strength.
- Reduction in craving for junk foods and sweets.
- No immediate weight gain.
- Being nutritionally complete.
- Feeling satisfied after eating.
- Can go a long time without eating or being hungry, if unavoidable.
- Help prevent common health concerns, like heart disease and Diabetes.
- Be safe and pose no long-term health risks.
- Abnormal blood reports like High Triglycerides, TSH variation, HbA1C values should be back to normal or close to normalcy. (Takes time to reflect in your blood report. Do not expect immediate results).
Simple Mantra to make you healthy:
- Enjoy your food and eat slow.
- Avoid TV time while eating.
- Be careful of “S “
S – Sleep disturbance or irregular sleep management
S – Sedentary Life style
S – Stress
S – Sugar
S – Starch
- Never wake up with a tea or coffee. Always start your day with a glass of warm water.
- Maintain squatting posture to attend nature’s call.
- Eat local and seasonal food.
- Brewed tea or filter coffee is a better option. Avoid boiling further both of them. It will loose all its nutrients. Never replace meal with tea. Never ever.
- Avoid microwave heating- food looses its nutrition.
- Make this your best friend – Best thing – SLEEP. Proper sound sleep of 6 to 7 hours and if possible a nap of 20mins between 1pm to 3pm everyday is highly recommended.
- Avoid plastic lunchboxes/water bottles, even to your kids. Use steel/ copper.
- Make food only in Iron vessels. Remove non-stick/aluminium from kitchen.
- Include salads before meals.
- Replace carbonated drinks with fresh juices/buttermilk.
- Follow your religious fasting or weekly fasting occasionally.
- Never go after a crash diet. This would do more harm than good.
- Play and enjoy game with your good friends weekly once – some interesting physical activity.
- Yoga or meditation or any method which would relax your properly. Do this on empty stomach if possible.
- Introduce morning walk to your routine – the best relaxation and it draws lot of oxygen to your system.
- Eat more when more active and less while less active.
- Finish meal 2 hours prior to sleep time.
- Include nuts and Omega 3 rich food in your daily diet.
- Never follow YouTube and Facebook posts or program, as they are generalised and never personalized. Understand the fact logically and sensibly.
Unique Program of Dr.Jasna’s Value Life – ADORE DIET THERAPY
OUR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM RESULTS
Patient 1: 104kg to 83kg – 6months
Patient No 2 :
Measure yourself, see where you stand. Let us help you.
Dr. Jasna Sushanth
BHMS , Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics ( fellowship)
Certification in Obesity Management and Sports Nutrition
Value Life Weight Management Clinic