5 Grandma’s Tips to Effective Body Weight Control
BASIC BEST PRACTICES FOR BODY WEIGHT CONTROL
- Eat slow, Eat when hungry, Drink when thirsty
- Do not snack in between
- Search for nutrition in every-food you take
- Eat that has life in it and wholesome food (Eg.: Sprouts, Vegetables, Fruits)
- Food correction is primary, medicines and supplements are secondary/optional only
- Follow traditional techniques followed by our previous generations (home remedies & techniques)
- Follow your Granny’s cooking tips – Your DNA will love it
Granny’s TIP 1
- Start your day with 2 glasses of warm water
- 1 glass warm water with 1 spoon lemon juice and ½ spoon turmeric
- Take any soaked nut like almond before breakfast. Have protein rich food for breakfast.
COOL YOURSELF: (Mid-morning – 11am)
- Beetroot juice /Any other juice /Sattu Serbhet / Coconut Water
Granny’s TIP 2
General good recommendation to add to diet:
Eggplant, Moringa leaf, All leafy vegetables, Turnips, Bitter gourd, etc.
Best fruit recommendation:
Apple, Banana, Berries, Grapes, Watermelon, Lemon, Orange, Peaches and Pears.
Start meals with vegetable salad and end with buttermilk or yogurt.
Include more of Cinnamon, Ginger, Green chilli, Black pepper, Mustard, Jeera in the diet. Give last preference to curry powder to add on spice.
Tea: Ginger / Tulsi leaf tea
CINNAMON: Add cinnamon powder to rice, idly, curd etc.
Take 1 pod of garlic daily – before eating expose crushed garlic to open air for sometime and then swallow
If craving for sweets – choose best nutritious option among them Eg: Dates or Dry fruit ladoo (without sugar), choose Rasagulla over Gulab Jamun etc.
Moong dal vada, Besan flour snacks, Sattu mix, Puran Poli with Jaggery, Pakora, Dahi vada, etc.
Granny’s TIP 3 – The 3 C’s
CARE: Wash vegetables with 2 percent salt water or 1 part vinegar with 4 part water. Cold water wash is best.
CULTURE: Follow what you are born and brought up with – Your DNA will love it .
Powder sunflower, pumpkin seed, sesame seed powder 1 spoon to any drink or food item daily.
CLAY: Add cinnamon to tea as sweetener. Or drink tea in clay pots.
Granny’s TIP 4
- Add salt to food at the end of cooking
- Use cinnamon or jaggery as sweetener
- Never boil tea leaves or brew them
- Filter coffee is the best choice as compared to instant coffee
- Take amla juice / aloevera juice daily
- Have fermented rice with yogurt and green chilli for breakfast
- Take coconut water or cucumber daily evening
- Avoid the 3 whites – White Flour (Maida/All Purpose Flour), White Sugar, White Salt
Granny’s TIP 5
BEST FOOD COMBINATIONS – Helps in better absorption of Nutrients:
- Add methi to tadka
- Potato+turmeric+curry leaf
- Sattu Serbet
- Wheat Chappathi with raita+garlic+peanut
- Poha/semolina with peanut + lemon juice
- Banana with milk
- Chickpea spinach with tomato
- Sprouts with yoghurt and tamarind chutney
- Add more tamarind to your curries or garcinia tamarind is best
- To mustard seeds add garlic onion and olive oil
- Palak Panner with egg
COOKING TECHNIQUES: In earthen pots and bamboo. Use banana leaf for steaming.
- Early dinner reduces night quantity of food intake. Choose light food or soups or salads
- Eat what has life in it. (Eg.: Choose Sprouts, Vegetables & Fruits, over a Biscuit/Chocolate/Snacks)
- Make cereals or main meals nutritious – You wont need supplements
***THESE ARE GENERAL DIET ADVICES. THIS MAY VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON AND ACCORDING TO THEIR DIET CONDITION.***
WE HELP OUR PATIENTS WITH FAT LOSS PROGRAMS THAT ARE COMPLETELY NATURAL AND DNA BASED. THESE PROGRAMS ARE FINE-TUNED ACCORDING TO PATIENTS, TO INCREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF FAT LOSS OR WEIGHT REDUCTION. OUR PRIMARY FOCUS IS IN KEEPING THE PATIENT FULLY NUTRITIOUS, HEALTHY, HAVE INCREASED METABOLISM AND REDUCED WEIGHT REGAIN TENDENCY.