Thyroid: Best Diet Practices and Thyroid Treatment
What is Thyroid?
The Thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland that sits low in the front of the neck, which is rich in blood vessels. Nerves that determine the quality of voice also pass through the Thyroid. It secretes several hormones, collectively called Thyroid Hormones. They act throughout the body, affecting metabolism, development, growth and body temperature.
What Hormones are secreted by the Thyroid Gland?
- Thyroxine (T4) and Triiodothyronine (T3) are the two most important hormones produced by the Thyroid. The gland also makes Calcitonin, a hormone involved in Calcium metabolism.
- The Thyroid gland releases many hormones, collectively called Thyroid Hormones. The Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) tells the Thyroid to produce T4 and T3 in the presence of Iodine.
The Thyroid produces essential hormones required by the body that help regulate metabolism, heart rate, Blood Pressure and temperature.
Most of us are aware of Hypothyroid, but what are the other Thyroid Conditions in general?
Types of Thyroid Issues
- Goitre: Goitre is the swelling of Thyroid, caused due to deficiency of Iodine. Goitre can be associated with a Thyroid inflammation called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
- Thyroiditis: Inflammation of the Thyroid is usually caused due to a viral infection or autoimmune condition. It can be painful or may also show no symptoms at all.
- Hyperthyroidism: High Thyroxine and low TSH levels indicate that your Thyroid gland is overactive.
- Hypothyroidism: High TSH
- Graves’ disease: An autoimmune condition in which the Thyroid is over-stimulated, causing Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid Cancer: An uncommon form of Cancer that is usually curable
- Thyroid nodule: A small abnormal mass or lump in the Thyroid gland, which is extremely common
- Thyroid storm: A unique form of Hyperthyroidism in which extremely high Thyroid hormone levels lead to severe illness
What are the visible symptoms of Thyroid Disorder?
- Cold/heat Intolerance
- Muscle aches and cramps
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight or extreme sudden weight loss
- Poor appetite
- Poor concentration
- Goitre (enlarged Thyroid gland)
- Dry/rough skin, coarse hair or hair loss
- Eye and face swelling
- Deeper and/or hoarse voice
- Enlarged tongue
- Irregular or heavy menstrual periods
- Memory loss
- Slowed thinking and mental activity
- Increased blood cholesterol levels
What are the Simple Diet and Lifestyle Corrections to Make?
Start following the diet given below today onwards!
- Eat more wholesome food: Avoid processed refined food or, in simple words, take food that has life in it. For example, if we put a handful of whole wheat or whole grain in mud, it will start sprouting, thereby earning the name “whole food”.
- Avoid consuming Peanut and Soya raw: Cooking these foods reduces the antagonist property of food against Iodine absorption
- Avoid Cakes, Biscuits, Pizza, Burgers, Mayonnaise, White Sugar, Maida, Cheese and Aerated drinks
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Never eat Cabbage, Cauliflower, Turnips, Radish, Broccoli, Lettuce, Kale and Mustard green raw. Cook properly (avoid frying) for some time (40 minutes is highly recommended). For enzyme deactivation, drain the water that is used for cooking and then you can use them. Do not combine Mustard and Broccoli.
- Iodine rich food: Banana, Milk, Strawberry, Carrot, Peach and Pear in limited quantities. Please check with your physician if you are advised to consume or avoid Iodine-rich food.
- Nuts: Pista and Brazilian Nuts are most beneficial
- Raw coconut or Virgin coconut oil in salads is extremely beneficial for Thyroid functioning
- Chia seed: Soak previous night and consume first thing in the morning
- Selenium-rich food: Brazil nuts, Tuna, Sardines, Eggs and Legumes
- Zinc-rich foods: Oysters and similar shellfish and organic grass-fed chicken
- You should cut down on red wine and alcohol
- Natural Supplements or food rich in Vitamin B complex, Omega 3 and Selenium are recommended
- Natural Protein powder is highly recommended – any protein powder company which lists down all 18 amino acid names in their ingredient list, USDA approved and with PGDCA score 1
Inculcate the following healthy habits:
- Avoid using plastic lunch boxes and replace them with steel or glass boxes. They easily mimic Estrogen.
- Sleep: Get undisturbed and refreshed sleep for 6–7 hours. A short nap of 10–20 minutes between 1 PM and 3 PM will boost your energy levels and productivity in the next half of the day.
- Exercise: Do not overdo exercise. Take a proper guidance from fitness consultants for the same. Cardio or stamina building exercises are the best. Avoid stress on weight bearing joints as low Thyroid functioning may risk your Calcium metabolism and create risk for joints. Cycling or swimming is highly recommended for Thyroid patients.
- Perform Yoga – under trained yoga practitioners. Wrong postures or “asana” will unnecessarily lead to other diseases.
More Additional Care Measures to take
- Post Pregnancy Care: Variation in hormones during pregnancy can make you prone to Thyroid dysfunctions. However, post pregnancy, if you follow a healthy diet, sleep well and exercise well, your Thyroid will bounce back to normal.
- Menopause: Estrogen dominance is likely to happen. Take a proper piece of advice on the measure of the excess nutrients you need during this phase of life.
- Thyroid Medications: Take medicines within 10 minutes of waking up. Vitamin-rich food or supplements should be consumed only after 2 hours of taking tablets.
Why is the Current Generation Falling Prey to Thyroid Disorders?
- Toxic environmental factors such as Estrogen mimics like plastic
- Unhealthy food intake
- Inability to deal with stress or wrong stress management
- Insensible exercise, for instance, overdoing it
- Insensible dieting or crash dieting and following online diet advice without expert guidance
- Lack of sleep
- Exposure to radiation
- Pesticide-sprayed fruits and vegetables
- Low-calorie diet with less nutritional food or mismanaged intermittent fasting
- Hormone injected non-vegetarian food
- Chemical inhalations from the environment
- Post Gall bladder removal
- Sluggish Thyroid: These people face slow metabolism which results in extremely slow weight reduction. It may lead to depression, lethargy, low sexual drive or even complete loss of sexual drive.
- Need extra carbohydrates or fats to satisfy their appetite
Inclusion of bread and sugary contents
How is Value Life Treatment Methodology Different?
- If your Thyroid dysfunction is due to poor lifestyle, then we can definitely help you correct it. However, we will have a limitation/slow action if it is pathological or if you have a tired Thyroid due to heavy medication. In this case, tapering dosage and bringing it back to normal will be time-consuming.
Benefits of Adore Diet Therapy
At an early stage of Thyroid, we follow a special methodology laid down by our Doctors from the alternate systems of medicine, along with Naturopaths, Nutritionists and Yoga Consultants, to control the disease without medicines.
• Cleansing of the system
• Making it nutrient-rich to increase body metabolism
• Refreshed sleep and relaxation should be adopted for life. Medicines only gain our secondary importance
• Value Life Clinic always lays emphasis on Diet Correction first followed by medication
We consider medication only if we suspect an underlying pathology behind the same.
Our methodology is proven with several successful cases and is evidence-based. We have had 100% results that testify to it. Our focus is on the root of the problem and we believe in treating the cause by helping you get rid of all deficiencies in your body to our maximum ability. A patient who got into Thyroid due to lifestyle can start living freely without any health problems. If the cause is due to autoimmune or strong family history, we do have limitation in complete cure. In that case, we can help our patients avoid dependency on strong medication and help them with Homoeopathic medicine to withstand the same.
How to analyze if you are Benefitting from Diet Control?
- Improvement in mood and state of well-being
- No more fatigue –
- Boosted-up energy levels
- Good Inch Loss – your old dresses start fitting you again
- Increased energy levels and feeling of strength
- More muscle strength
- Reduction in craving for junk food and sweets
- No immediate weight gain
- Being nutritionally complete
- Feeling satisfied after eating
- Ability to go a long time without eating or being hungry
- Preventing common health issues such as Heart disease and Diabetes
- Being safe and posing no long-term health risks
(For Homoeo students only)
Medicines for Thyroid: Select medicines only as per the patient’s constitution.
- Lodium: Hyperthyroidism with quick weight loss and weakness
- Lachesis: For Hyperthyroidism with extreme heat
- Phosphorus: For Hyperthyroidism with extreme Sensitivity and Hairfall
- Conium Maculatum: For Hyperthyroidism with depression
- For Hyperthyroidism with Weight loss: Lodium, Nat.M, Lyco, etc.
- For Heat Intolerance in Patients with Hyperthyroidism: Sulphur, Puls, Lachesis, etc.
- For menstrual trouble in Women with Hyperthyroidism: Puls, Sepia, etc.
- Diarrhoea in Patients with Hyperthyroidism: Phos, Aloes, Sulphur, etc.
2. Graves’ Disease: Lycopus
3. Hypothyroid: CalcCarb, Sepia, Cinchona, Psorinum, Silicea, Alumina, Nuxvom, Nat Mur, Lyco, etc.
4. Hashimoto Thyroiditis: Calc, Graph, Sepia, etc.
This is what our Fat Loss Program Patients have to say!
Click here to read our reviews!
Value Life Homeopathy and Weight Management Clinic offers the best weight-loss treatment in Bangalore and is also one of the best Homeopathy clinics in Bangalore.
For more details visit: http://valuelifehomeo.in/